Sunday 1 April 2012

[Early] April 1812: Letter from “Mr Love Good" to Joseph Radcliffe at Milnsbridge near Huddersfield

Mr
Radcliffe Esq
Mills Bridge
near Huddersfield


Mr Radcliffe Dear Sir


This comes from a friend


I found my Self to be and got into the Seckrets of the Ludites and knowing the dredfull plots that is going forwards I Send this to you there is dredfull Praprations goen forwards for Great Destruction

It is reported you back Thos Atkinson it was ordered a wile a go for your place and Bradley Mill to be burnt one Night But I pled it of with great to do When that Time comes foot nor Horses will be of any use there will be a Great Destruction You must not compell Watching & Warding You must side with the Luds if you Live


I should a spook personley to you But durst Not


If this was known it is deth to me


From Mr Love Good


April 1812

This letter is featured in Binfield (2004, p.216)

No comments:

Post a Comment