Sunday 21 October 2012

21st October 1812: Letter from "Enemie Anonimous" to "RatcIif", Huddersfield


Huddersfield 21 October 1812

Ratclif

Sir,

I drop you this as a warning that I have for some time Eyed you as your Publick character act with so much injustice to almost every individual that has had the misfortune to come before you that I and my two Assocites is this hour your sworn Enimes and all his Magistes forces will not save you, for I dow not regard my own life if I can have reveang of you which I mos ashuredly will make myself another Jhn Bellingham and I have the Pellit mad that shall be wet in you Harts Life Blood if I should dow it in the hous of God

I with hatered your sworn

Enemie Anonimous

Add. Joseph Ratclif Esqr

Millns Bridge

This is from Binfield (2004, p.231)

No comments:

Post a Comment